• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Can Infection Spread So Quickly?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dancinhamster
  • Start date Start date
Wow you really havent had much luck with drs or dentists have u?!

When I first started my treatment I needed 2 rcts and multiple fillings, my dentist did any filling around the teeth he was doing rcts on at the same appointment as that area was already numb so it made sense for him to rather than me having to have another appointment and more injects. Needless to say I was very happy with that! So yes they can do both in 1 appointment. Hopefully the teeth are close together so it means less injections although tbh if done slowly you can hardly feel them anyway.

Hmm, no, not since moving here! Never had trouble in Dorset. Or Somerset. But Southsea has been horrendous for both GP's and Dentists. I think it's because this is a very over-crowded area, with high unemployment, high substance abuse, and lots of social care issues. I used to work in Social Care, so I'm aware of the issues. I think this drains the NHS resources, so they can't cope with the demand.
I'm out of work, and not eligible for any benefits or help, so I'm living on my hard-earned savings :shame: However, I am willing to use my savings to get my teeth fixed as it's a good investment. I hope :giggle:

Been retching this morning. Not sure if it's the infection that's obviously beaten two lots of antibiotics, or nerves about Tuesday, or too many Paramol tablets :confused:

Only another day to my appointment........eekkkkk!!!!!! :eek:

Xxx
 
I think it is probably a mixture of all. For future reference if you are given antibiotics try having something dairy when you take it. It helps with the upset tummy. This can be a drink of milk, a piece of cheese or the pro-biotic things are supposed to be good for it. :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::butterfly:
 
Freaking out.

I hardly slept. My jaw is swollen and in spasm. Teeth hurting so much. :cry:

I read the section on TMJ here last night - big mistake! Said that TMJ sufferers don't respond well to root canal!

The stomach cramps stopped this morning, but I can't eat as everything I up in my mouth starts my teeth hurting.
Gotta confront NHS surgery tomorrow, then get RC Tuesday.
:scared::eek::shame:

I'll remember the tip about diary & Amoxil - thank you xx
 
I have tmj and I have had rct's and all have been fine in the end, and I am waiting for one to be crowned this year.

You will be okay :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::butterfly:
 
I have tmj and I have had rct's and all have been fine in the end, and I am waiting for one to be crowned this year.

You will be okay :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::butterfly:

I feel like such a wimp! :redface:

Ive got tattoos, and I'm not scared of much. I'm hoping that this experience will help me with some of my fears. As soon as it's over I'm going to treat my self to a large Jack Daniels :giggle:
 
Ah !!!!!!!!!!!!!! now you see it is different strokes for different folks, as they say. I would never sit for a tattoo ohhhhhhhh nooooooooooo that is too much pain. No thank you, not for me. So you see you are not a wimp at all :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

It is all about the unknown, once you have started the rct and you build up a trust with the dentist it will get easier and easier to attend.

Good luck for tomorrow :clover::clover::clover: :butterfly::butterfly::butterfly::butterfly::butterfly:
 
Back
Top