• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Dentist appt tomorrow with severe anxiety.

A

AGerbrick86

Finally breaking down and going to the dentist after 7 years. Ended up in so much pain I can't stand it. My teeth are really bad and I'm only 35. Really hoping I am able to get out of my own head and start getting everything in my mouth fixed.

I was held down as a child by a military dentist when numbing didn't work. I felt everything and for that reason I have been traumatized and terrified.

Has anyone has extreme featr of the dentist and overcome it? It is now 3am and my appointment is in 6 hours. ?

Hi @AGerbrick86, sorry to hear about the horrific things that happened to you as a child ?. As your appointment is so soon, I just wanted to wish you the best of luck ??

We’ve put together a page with tips that other people have found helpful:

If you have time, you could also head to our downloads section and print out and fill in the “Dental Fears Patient Form”, and give it to your dentist when you first meet them:

All the best and please let us know how you got on ?

Has anyone has extreme featr of the dentist and overcome it? It is now 3am and my appointment is in 6 hours. ?

Yes! Pretty much everyone here on the forum. I’m so sorry you had that traumatic experience as a child, that’s so awful :( You are super brave for scheduling! I know this is incredibly hard, but it’s also a huge thing what you’re doing here!

Fingers crossed, let us know how it went, hopefully you can get some sleep and if you can, stay kind to yourself. It’s ok to be terrified and the visit will go well anyway. :friends:

Headed there now. I am so sick to my stomach ?

You got this :cheer2:

Good luck it will be fine . Well done let us know hoe you get on

Back