• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Dentist tomorrow help !

  • Thread starter Thread starter Starlight25
  • Start date Start date
S

Starlight25

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 17, 2009
Messages
405
Location
England
Could someone just remind me cause telling myself isn’t working I have done all this before and I can do this !!!! Tomorrow I am having the two big fillings I need after the private dentist missed them and told me they were fine. The dentist is an nhs one I had a few years ago he did a filling in my front tooth never felt a thing he’s a really good dentist I actually don’t know why I get like this I will drag myself there trust me but right now my body thinks I’m going to the electric chair. I have ocd and adhd and my mind loves a good catastrophe so today’s intrusive thoughts are all worst case scenario not helped by accidentally seeing a post on TikTok full of people who had horrible experiences !!! I’ve had extractions I’ve had fillings going to be honest I prefer extractions I do not like that drill ! My biggest fear is always being able to feel something but I had an extraction in march and she was literally swinging off me to get the tooth out and I felt nothing then so the thoughts make no sense If you got to the end thanks !
 
Also if anyone knows me I found my old account I actually cried reading all the messages :( where’s Brit is she still here ? Gordon ? Leela ? My old account was Brewer734 I’m Emma I made loads of posts back in 2009 I can’t get into that account I can’t remember the password and it’s attached to an old email address that no longer exists I’m devastated !!!!
 
Hey I want to wish you good luck! Let us know how your appointment goes! I understand your fear, I have a dentist exam next week that I’ve been a nervous wreck about myself. We got this!
 
@honeybee91 thank you went really well my dentist is fab with me he goes slow tells me everything he’s doing every time he uses a different instrument I felt nothing not even the injections 2 fillings done and one more to go next Tuesday then I’m done :) these were really deep too honestly he’s amazing !! I really hope your appointment goes well honestly it’s all about the dentist doing it find the right one and you are fine !
 
Hi Emma, wonderful to hear that your appointment today went so well - congratulations :jump:!!! Your dentist sounds like a keeper!

Would you like me to merge the two accounts (Starlight25 and brewer734) and if so, which name would you like to keep?

Oh, and re. your question above, Gordon is certainly still here (or rather, here again since retiring) - it looks like he actually replied to a post of yours earlier this year - you might have missed it:


Sadly I haven't seen Brit around in quite a while!
 
Hi 👋 I didn’t even see that !!! I’m so glad he’s still here !! He was always so helpful :) so glad you’re still here too ! Could you merge the other one into this one ! That would be amazing Thankyou so much !! I’m married now so that’s not my last name but I feel like the old name is how my journey started so could I keep the old name ? Brewer 734 ? Hope you’re doing well !
 
Yes, doing well, thanks ☺️! I think it's easier (in terms of forum software) to attribute all the posts to Starlight25 first (which I've now done) and then you can change the username to one of your own choosing without the email and passwords getting messed up!

Go to this URL: https://www.dentalfearcentral.org/forum/account/account-details and then click on "Change" next to username, and put in the username you'd like to use. I think it then needs to be approved by a mod and voilà, your new username will work with your current email and password!
 
Thankyou so much !!!
 
Back
Top