TerrifiedWoman
Well-known member
- Joined
- May 13, 2010
- Messages
- 843
- Location
- Iowa, USA
Just curious..for those who have upper and lower dentures..about how long did it take for you to feel like you were speaking clearly? I'm on day five and am still battling my tongue.
Sometimes I feel I don't sound bad..but other times I can't talk worth a darn.
Also..how long before you felt comfortable chewing? Goodness, this is such a new sensation. I stick something in my mouth and totally lose it. I've had to stick my finger in my mouth to track something down. Right now I feel like I'll never enjoy food again.![Ashamed [smiley=ashamed.gif] [smiley=ashamed.gif]](/forum/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/dfcsmilies/ashamed.gif)
Yes, I go through periods of being terribly depressed. I just keep praying this gets better.........
Sometimes I feel I don't sound bad..but other times I can't talk worth a darn. Also..how long before you felt comfortable chewing? Goodness, this is such a new sensation. I stick something in my mouth and totally lose it. I've had to stick my finger in my mouth to track something down. Right now I feel like I'll never enjoy food again.
![Ashamed [smiley=ashamed.gif] [smiley=ashamed.gif]](/forum/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/dfcsmilies/ashamed.gif)
Yes, I go through periods of being terribly depressed. I just keep praying this gets better.........
![Hugging [smiley=hugging.gif] [smiley=hugging.gif]](/forum/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/dfcsmilies/hugging.gif)
I would give anything for a big slice of pizza right now. Guess that will give me something to look forward to. i do love to eat and am really missing it right now!
She told me to say nursery rhymes..that's how she learned to speak with her dentures. So my poor dog has been hearing Hickory, Dickory Dock and Mary Had A Little Lamb a lot today.