• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

fearing the worse!

WTG nat :respect: :respect: :respect:

Knew you could do it :jump: :jump:

Now go and have that well earned rest, and take it easy , thats an order! lol

:grouphug:

Yay!  Congratulations!  :jump:  :cheers:

:grouphug: :cloud9: :grouphug:

:jump: :jump: :jump:

Congratulations :cheers:
What a relief....I too like Happydancingfeet probably had a more sleeplessnight than you - Iwas styill awake at 5am!!!
When I saw such an early post, I was really worried you'd backed out.
Have a good rest then update some more - I'd have wanted to remember nothing though!
Is that enough smilies - do you think, I'm normally very sparing with them? :party:

HI Brit,

Snap....... iwas still awake till after 5am too lol. I also wondered about the number of smilies............... but what the heck, its another special occasion:

:cheers: :cheers: :cloud9: :cloud9: :jump: :jump: :XXLhug: :respect: :respect: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Thanks everyone, I am going to have a rest now so speak soon to tell you all about it

:jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:

Hi Happydancyfeet!
Yes, the more the better - I meant to hit preview and was disappointed when I actually got 'post' instead - it didn't look as colourful as I intended.

What I'm now hoping is that after she's slept it off some more - it's a like a dream...the drug works some more and you start trying to tell someone what happened in your dream and it disappears...you've forgotten it...know what I mean....or maybe he just kept her very lightly sedated as she seemed comfortable with it??? Better for getting used to work without?

Funnily enough there was another post this morning about remembering some stuff under I/V - I was glad that one didn't come in yesterday, it might have put her off some more...what do you reckon Nat, would it have put you off?

My husband had a medical procedure in December which involved a level of sedation -he spoke to me on the phone quite lucidly whilst eating his post-operative snack and then after some sleep at home, could not remember he'd even phoned me or what he'd eaten...so that's what makes me think it may be the same with Nat.

Right here goes: the Grand Finale:  :grouphug:  :cloud9:  :grouphug:  :cloud9:  :grouphug:
:jump:  :XXLhug:  :jump:  :XXLhug:  :jump:  :XXLhug:  :jump:  :XXLhug:  :jump:  :XXLhug:  :jump:  :party:  :party:  :party:  :party:  :party:  :party:   :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*   :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :respect:  :respect:  :respect:  :respect:  :respect:  :respect:  :respect:  :respect:
:innocent:  :innocent:  :innocent:  :innocent:  :innocent:  :innocent:  :innocent:  :innocent:

ha ha ha You two are funny!!!! WELL DONE NAT, i am soooooo impressed, I am glad you are ok excellent!!! x

Hi Penny
Do you mean funny ha! ha! or funny strange? We won't be offended!
Cheers  :)
Brit

Hope Inagony has got on okay also.

Funny ha ha ha ha ha HA of course!!!!! x

HI Brit,

I said exactly the same thing to Nat ie her dentist must have thought she could in fact cope with a lesser level of sedation, unlike me......... the deeper the better lol. But like you have said, she will probably remember less as the day goes on. After my first iv sedation i posted on here then went for a snooze, woke up and said to my partner " i must post on the board", i logged on and found my post albeit with a few spelling mistakes lol

Congratulations Nat :jump: :jump: :jump:!!! YOU DID IT ;D!!!

(to add to the IV debate - the nice thing about IV sedation as opposed to oral sedation is that the level of sedation can be easily fine-tuned to suit the needs of the individual - there are even some IV machines these days where the patient themselves can regulate the level of sedation they desire!)

OK well I am feeling a bit woozy and tired But will let you all know how I got on, well this morning was awful for me, had a few tears but managed to get on with stuff, got littlun to school and thats when I really started feeling it. By the time I get to the surgery I feel sick but make it in for about 5 mins, I had to wait outside the doors as I was still in tears but my mum calmed me down a bit and the dental nurse came out to get me!

I am take upstairs and everything monitored , dentitst comes in and starts stroking my hands as he sees I have been crying, which was a nice thing for him to do! He then gets his bits and then its time to start, tells me a little scratch, and it was, then I am sitting there letting him do all this work on me, I had my MP3 player and listened to that and I was fine!!

Although I remember everything about it am still somewhat hazy on conversations I dont really remember what was spoken about but I do remember being in the chair and having the work done

I had my root canal, 2 fillings and 2 extractions, one of which was a surgical extraction and I do have stitches in the gum on that one It was kinda painful when he was trying to get it out as I assumed it had a deep root, I didnt like the pain but it wasnt enough for me to have stopped the work being done, I can only imagine that was the IV helping?? I am so proud of myself right now and cant wait to go post in the success board!!!

EXCELLENT well done!!!! I am sooooooooo pleased for you!!! You did it!!! x

hi nat
i knew you could do it :jump: :jump: i also remember stuff when i had the iv sedation too although it was only when i had my 3 crown preps and one was very very akward for him. aparently i needed oxygen but i dont remember that bit but i do remember stroking my hand too. i chose not to have the sedation next time when i had my extraction it wasnt easy but i did it with the help of my superstar . one day you wont need it either . i still panic feel sick and dont want to go but i do and you do too WELL DONE :hug2:

Nat said:
I am so proud of myself right now and cant wait to go post in the success board!!!

And so you should be proud of yourself..... :jump: congratulations once again - I'll go back to being restrained with the smilies now!

You'll be on the Success Board with all the work completed before you know it.
:party:  :cheers:  :party:

Very well done
Brit

brit said:

You'll be on the Success Board with all the work completed before you know it.
:party:  :cheers:  :party:

Brit

I didnt want to wait for it all to be finished I done it now!!!

I just wanted to say WELL DONE!!!!  ;D I am soooo pleased for you  :jump: :jump:

The hardest bit is over now - and I bet you feel a million dollars don't you? Enjoy the feeling - you deserve it! ;D

:cheers:

Back