• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

GRUB! (Soft Food Ideas)

mmmm.....I love chorizo so will be trying this one out soon. I might add chicken as well as chicken and chorizo go so well together. Yumm Yumm.

Thank you :cook:

No worries, and yes they do xx

For those who are newly toothless and healing here's a great food which has helped me wonderfully.

Cook any sort of pancakes like normal.

While warm break into pieces and put into bowl. Add milk and pour syrup all over. I warmed my milk first. It makes everything super smooshy and very pleasing to eat :)

Re: BANANA AND CHOCOLATE TART

Now, I am not normally a sweet tooth, and this is probably not the best place to be putting a recipe up that is sweet, but just every now and again, a little of what we fancy does us good, and, sometimes when we are feeling a little down or disheartened, we need that 'sweet' kick to bring back the momentum. So, when I found this recipe, and especially as I love bananas, hope that you too will love this too, oh yes, and the bonus being, it is both easy and quick, as well as being scrummy :cook: Serves 6

Ingredients:

50g salted butter

120g golden caster sugar

6 large firm bananas, peeled and left whole

100g chocolate chips

250g shop bought puff pastry

Plain flour for dusting

Your favourite ice cream to serve

1 deep sided, oven friendly, heavy based frying pan

Directions:

Start off by melting your butter with your sugar in your pan. Cook on a medium heat for about five minutes until it turns into golden caramel. Remove from the heat and leave to cool for a bit.

Preheat your oven to 200 degrees centigrade/400 degrees Fahrenheit or gas mark 6. Put the bananas in your pan, making a circle, breaking if necessary, and make sure that the entire base is covered. Then sprinkle over your chocolate chips.

Put your pastry on your floured board, and cut a disc shape about 5cm bigger than the size of your pan. Cover the bananas with your pastry and tuck in the overlapping pastry inside the pan with your fingers. Bake your tart for approximately 20 - 25 minutes until your pastry is a golden colour. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.

Take a large circular plate and place face down on top of your pan, then quickly, and carefully, turn over your pan so that your tart is turned out upside down with the bananas now seeing the light of day.

Serve with your ice cream and enjoy

Kim :cook:

Re: PASTA WITH GOATS CHEESE

It has been a while since I put a recipe up, and for those of you who have been starving ever since, I am sorry - but here I am again and hopefully with another recipe to tickle those taste buds :cook:

This is a quick and easily tossed together dish, and serves four people.

Ingredients:

350g pasta shapes

320g jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped

500g carton of passata

120g vegetarian soft goat's cheese

Small handful of fresh basil leaves

Salt for seasoning

Directions:

Boil up a large pan of water, adding your pasta and salt, and cook according to packet instructions. Once the pasta is cooked, drain it and put to one side. Then, using the same pan (bonus is you don't need to wash it up first :) ) add your peppers and passata, and heat gently until the sauce is hot.

Tip your drained pasta back into the pan of sauce and crumble into it your goats cheese, and add your basil leaves also. Toss it all together and then serve straight away.

Quick, simple and satisfying. You can of course, substitute the goat's cheese for something else if you want, such as chorizo, herby sausage or prawns. Have a dabble and enjoy

Kim :cook:

Last edited:
Here's a variation on the very first recipe (lentil curry) which Kim posted in this thread...

Spiced paprika and chorizo lentil stew - extremely easy

This makes a great quick lunch and leftovers can be reheated the next day.

Ingredients:

2-3 handfuls of frozen porridge (of course one could use fresh but frozen is easier)
olive oil (or other vegetable oil)
1 tin chopped tomatoes
250g red lentils
about 500-550ml chicken, beef or vegetable stock
20-25g chorizo, finely chopped
Chipotle tabasco (a good few shakes)
1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
garlic powder (dried garlic, ground) if you have it/want it

Directions:

Heat oil in a smallish pot.

Add leeks and chorizo and fry until soft (the leeks, that is).

Add everything else, bring to the boil, turn down temperature and cook, with the lid on, on a low to medium heat for 20 minutes or until lentils are soft. Stir occasionally (every 5-10 minutes).

:cook:

I'm in the midst of LANAP surgery for my gum disease. Liquid or mushy foods are required for a chunk of the protocol to avoid any bits of food getting trapped under the gum line and disturbing the healing process.

I spent most of today making soups that I can eat over the next 3 days after my LANAP surgery. The good news is they taste great. The bad news is I'll be eating soup for 3 days.

I know I can't survive on nutritional drinks or milkshakes or commercial smoothies because they have too much sugar and not enough protein for me. So I hunted down some soup recipes that should help. And a smoothie formula that I can vary without adding sugar.

White Bean Pureed Soup
2 cans of cannellini beans (14 oz cans) rinsed
8 cups of water
4 vegetable bouillon cubes and 3 chicken bouillon cubes
1 medium onion, chopped
1 teaspoon of crushed garlic
a handful of fresh baby spinach leaves
1 sprig of rosemary (my herb garden is in full swing so I was able to use fresh)

Dump everything into a pot and bring to a boil. Simmer for an hour with the lid on. Let it cool down and then puree in batches. I used the 'liquify' setting on my blender and let each batch run for about a minute. The soup comes out velvety smooth and has a rich taste. Vegetable bouillon gives the soup depth. If you want it lighter just use all chicken.

Carrot and Ginger Pureed Soup
2 pounds of carrots cut into chunks. (I peeled the carrots but that is personal preference.)
6 cups of chicken broth
1/4 t. allspice
1/4 t. turmeric
1 bay leaf
1/4 t. thyme (I used fresh)
1 medium onion, chopped

Everything dumped into the pot. Bring to a boil and simmer with the lid on for about an hour or until the carrots are tender. Cool down the soup and liquify in batches. This soup is AMAZING. It smells great and tastes better. When the soup is reheated you can stir in a little coconut milk or a little cream but it really doesn't need it. It it looks too thick it can be thinned with a little more chicken broth.

Green Monster Smoothie
2 cups baby spinach
1/2 cup of milk (cow, almond, soy, etc.)
1 banana
1/2 cup yogurt (preferably Greek because it has more protein than standard yogurt)

Put the spinach at the bottom because that stops it from flying all over the blender. Liquify for a solid minute. Add 2 ice cubes and liquify again. You can change up the consistency by changing the amount of milk. This smoothie is remarkably sweet in a natural fruit way. There is zero spinach taste even though the smoothie is bright green. I'm hoping the yogurt, in addition to adding protein, will help my stomach handle the doxycycline I have to take for a week. Antibiotics and I don't always get on well.

I have some frozen butternut squash that I can morph into a soup or just use as 'mash' after the first 3 days. Same with cauliflower. I plan to make that into a mash with butter and cream. Baked sweet potatoes are also on the menu after the initial liquid diet period. Besides tasting yummy they are blood sugar stabilizers.

I'm actually trying to look at this as an opportunity. An opportunity to reset my eating habits in a way that will benefit my overall health.

Back