B
bekki
Junior member
- Joined
- Jul 9, 2015
- Messages
- 8
Hi all,
I have a tooth (visible when i smile/laugh) that needs some urgent treatment. It already has a filling, but there is definately something wrong. I have had severe pain for 2 days and it feel just odd in my mouth and like it could drop out any second. I also seem to clench my jaw at night when sleeping which is not helping. (no grinding just clenched jaw but I wake up in pain with it)
I don't have a dentist so am waiting on my local one which is apparently lovely reopening in 20 mins then phoning. I've managed to convince myself that I will need three teeth out
Terrified, mostly of having them out and no replacement - would I get an immediate, if temporary replacement? Argh! Help! 
I have a tooth (visible when i smile/laugh) that needs some urgent treatment. It already has a filling, but there is definately something wrong. I have had severe pain for 2 days and it feel just odd in my mouth and like it could drop out any second. I also seem to clench my jaw at night when sleeping which is not helping. (no grinding just clenched jaw but I wake up in pain with it)
I don't have a dentist so am waiting on my local one which is apparently lovely reopening in 20 mins then phoning. I've managed to convince myself that I will need three teeth out
Terrified, mostly of having them out and no replacement - would I get an immediate, if temporary replacement? Argh! Help! 

I'm guessing you're in the UK like me with phoning 111? In my experience, emergency dentists are normally quite good at dealing with people that are anxious. Sounds like you could have an infection with the severe pain you're describing. Normally, in the UK, they will fight to keep the tooth in your mouth, especially if it's at the front, so I wouldn't be panicking yourself at the thought of an extraction
As what's been said before, try not to think about the worst case scenario, because it's rarely what's actually going to happen. I hope you're out of pain very soon
Let us know how you get on
They won't just take your teeth out, please don't be freaking yourself out thinking that. Hopefully the dentist you see will get you out of pain asap, and you'll be able to think straight without that awful throbbing in your mouth!
)