• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

I need encouragement & advice please

  • Thread starter Thread starter Issy
  • Start date Start date
you have to breathe while he/she is working anyway - take your deep breaths when needed = the dentist WILL understand = I did it when I needed to, and all was well

... It's barely 8am where I am, and I have to log off to go to work (i hate working on Sats... sigh).. I will log back on in an hour or so

[smiley=grouphug.gif]
 
archaeodani2 said:
[highlight]you have to breathe while he/she is working anyway - take your deep breaths when needed [/highlight]= the dentist WILL understand = I did it when I needed to, and all was well

...   It's barely 8am where I am,  and I have to log off to go to work (i hate working on Sats... sigh)..  I will log back on in an hour or so

[smiley=grouphug.gif]
[highlight][/highlight]
That's a very good tip. I tend to forget to breath whilst in the dentist Chair !
 
its 11:00 am for me- that reminds me! time to go play guitar hero II if your wondering what it is just type it in on google.

best of wishes for your not feeling good Issy, also my dog is names izzy..great name in my opinion!
 
On a brighter note - Only 3 hours till the Rugby.
Come on England,we can beat South Africa [smiley=jumping.gif]
 
picture by me!

20-Sep-2007 12:54:50
:::::::::::::::::::::::,_,_::::::::::::::::::,_:,_::::::::::::::::::::::::
::::::::::::::::::,__,',';'-,',,-–-··~~~–,,',';',';;}::::::::::::::::::::::
====_,_.,-"¯,_ } } ,' '-,' ===========
=== (00)¯¨¨¯¯ ( ( ', ==========
¯o¨¨ `o " )
', , ;
,'`,·,,-,, , _;_·-,_,',' ,'–-,.,,
', ,`·'·'·'{.,'–,,__ '·==,¯ {.·' ¯¨`·' ``·
` `' ¯¯¯¯¨¨{¯¨, ',
©mikey07' ', ', ',
', ', ',
', ', ',

Spider pig... Spider pig... Does whatever a spider pig does. Can he swing... From a web? No, he can't... He's a pig. Look oooooooout, he is the spider piiig.
 
( i had another drawing here..but decided it was more spam than anything so ill stick with one)

how ya doin issy? ;D
 
[smiley=grouphug.gif]

Since apparently my husband is the most non-supportive dweeb on the planet >:(

it's time for me to dispense all the "feel good dental fairy dust" I can dispense HERE...

HA to him = the karma bus will roll over him for not helping me feel better...

[smiley=hugging.gif] how's it goin' issy???
 
Feel seriously sick [smiley=sick.gif] [smiley=sick.gif] [smiley=sick.gif]
 
Britain is gonna win Rugby

;D
 
archaeodani2 said:
Britain is gonna win Rugby

;D
Yeah of course [smiley=jumping.gif] Goooooo England [smiley=jumping.gif]
And Wilkinson [smiley=drool.gif]
 
I felt horrible for days before my work..

focus on the positive =
**in a week or two - you will be able to eat ANYTHING YOU WANT. Without worrying about breaking anything else, how are you gonna handle hot/cold/crunchy.
**There will be NO MORE pain, no more worry.
**You physically will feel better - you can eat and sleep properly.
**you will be healthy again
**your smile will be as beautiful as the rest of you

remember =
**BREATHE thru any anxious moments - deep in, deep out, slowly
**come up with a "stop for a second" hand signal for your dentist = he/she will stop and give you a moments' break, deep breathe, and continue
**this helped me, and I was thinking about this this morning for you = take a stress ball, small stuffed animal.. ANYTHING that you can squeeze the life out of, to refocus anxiety onto.. OMG did that help me - it relaxed my head/jaw so the DR could work, and made it so that something ELSE was "taking the brunt" of any discomfort.

remember - there should be NO PAIN, only possible discomfort.. The halcion yesterday got me laughing - I kid you not, I was giggling (or trying to) - it felt like some evil little elf was in my head, playing tug of war with my teeth - no pain - just being pulled everywhere..

I know you are scared, I've heard the pats on the back, "it'll be okay".. I know you are thinking "yeah right".. but they are right - the ones who are telling you, and the ones who told me.. and now I"m telling you...

I"ll be online most of the weekend - I'll pop in on you & check in...

I'm in the Western US - 7 hours behind you.. - by the time I"m up on Monday, you should be done.. I'll check on you then, too

[smiley=grouphug.gif]
 
yes, as archaeodani2 speaks the truth...from expireance the mind makes it feel like your going to have extreme pain and discomfort...you wont. I didnt even have extreme pain getting 4 extractions at once [smiley=hugging.gif] just a little discomfort from the iv needle.
 
[smiley=jumping.gif]just under 36 hours left till your done with first appointment [smiley=jumping.gif] [smiley=jumping.gif]
youll be sipping smoothies in a little less than two days!(or tea if thats what yall over in the UK do)

try to plan something with your sister or someone that youd look forward to, it helped me with my filling a week ago ;)
 
I can feel how scared you are right now lol, cause my mom just scheduled a filling for tomarrow afternoon!! [smiley=hiding.gif] so guess were in this together litrally now !

( [smiley=evil.gif]afternoon [smiley=evil.gif] appointments are the devil)
 
sorry for the late reply....ermm lemme see midnight over there is 8 pm for me lemme do the math ..ermm its at 12:45 est time so that makes it 4:45 your time..yay i can do math!!!!! now that dosent seem right when i have a 66 in algebra 2......
 
Afternoon Appointments are the worst - Have all morning to worry about it.

And i've gotta spend 1 hour at dentist before appointment,waiting for Valium to work. Dunno how i'm gonna keep calm,in the Waiting Area for 1 hour !
 
[smiley=grouphug.gif] so i guess well be having things done at the same time-yay but I wish we could be saying the same thing about going out to eat rather than dentist visits lol :(
 
big woot, in 24 hours we will both be done with our appointments, and for you, done with your first one proving to you everything will be ok, despite all the anxiety for the next appointment you will still be anxious but youll know it will be ok in the end [smiley=jumping.gif] [smiley=jumping.gif] [smiley=jumping.gif]
 
Feel rather apprehensive about the Valium :-/ Coz i dunno how it'll affect me
 
[smiley=confused.gif] im not quite sure how it effects someone besides making them tired and careless, (i've never had it) but i have smoked weed before a visit one time..im pretty sure its the same feeling [smiley=grouphug.gif]
 
Back
Top