• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

[image] is this uneven gum normal?

A

Askingquestion

Hello, I have been worrying sick that I might have an issue with my gum Basically, a year and half ago my dentist found a black mark on the x-ray above this one tooth, however when looking at it on the 3d scanner it was inconclusive.

They then monitored it for a while with the hot and cold test, and my tooth was reacting well. Then, I had another x-ray and there was noblack shadow on the gums and they said it's infection free.

I've been worried ever since, because they seemed concerned first of all, bit then wrote it off without much explanation as to why there could have been a black shadow there initially.

I have a question, my gums have been like this for as long as I can remember, however clearly one side of the gums sticks out more than the other. Particularly between my Caine and premolar(?). This was initially sensitive but has become pretty much the same as other parts of mouth with daily flossing

However there's still a unevenness to it, as in the gum sticks out more than the actual tooth itself.

I've attached a picture (left hand side on picture, right hand side in mouth) please take a note of the larger gum between the Caine and premolar. (Gums sticks out more than teeth).

- does not bleed
- doesn't really hurt aside from brushing now and again, but I have this in other places too, mild pain goes away instantly.
- dentists have never pinged me about it, in fact they say I have great gums and take good care, but the x-ray situation made me conscious of it more.

I just hopefully want to be reassured it's normal to have a uneven gum line, and have sticking out more than the teeth like the picture, since the two dentists which I use have never said anything about it, in fact the hygienist also didn't say anything about it.

I plan on asking them on my next routine appointment but that's 2 months away a d I'm a worrier :/

Update: added a photo trying to highlight the area I'm asking about. Sorry I couldn't get my finger without blocking the view.

Attachments

• IMG_20211210_215658.jpg
    IMG_20211210_215658.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 34378.png
    34378.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:
It's completely normal. Try to stop worrying about it.

Back