• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Just for fun - what kind of creature is the DFC logo?!

What kind of creature do you think the DFC logo (at the top left of the page) is?

• Dragon

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Dinosaur

Votes: 27 64.3%
  • Crocodile

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Other (please share!)

Votes: 2 4.8%

• Total voters
Hmmm, I wonder, that 1 person who's voted 'other', what were they thinking? :hmm: Tragon? Giraffe? Kim? :) :giggle:

And Carole, I'm afraid I've found yet more of your own words to come back to haunt you:

How funny, the simple answer to this is, show it to a child and they will give the answer, I don't think any of us has a clue, we are all guessing. ;)
Ask a child, you say? Well, now we have! Two children, in fact! Answer: DINOSAUR!!! So, there we go - sorted! :jump: :p :p :p

Spookkkkky those past words aren't they.......:o

I think 'other' might have been a large lizard or something, didn't someone say that, or maybe a TRAGON ?

All I am going to say is, I know who I am :butterfly::butterfly::butterfly::ROFLMAO::butterfly::butterfly::butterfly::nahnahna:

It is a DRAGON you didn't know I knew how to do this did you, :nahnahna:

:butterfly::butterfly::butterfly::dance2::dance::butterfly:

DRAGON you didn't know I knew how to do this did you

Round of applause for Carole please everyone !!!! :ROFLMAO:

THANK YOU,THANK YOU, THANK YOU, AND THANK YOU, :butterfly::butterfly:

Dinosaur!! Dinosaur!! Dinosaur!!

:nahnahna: :giggle: :dance: :whistle: :ROFLMAO:

:jump: Looks just like the dinosaur in "Meet The Robinsons". Soo that's why I voted dinosaur.

Dragon :dance2:Dragon Dragon

New and compelling evidence has emerged to prove that the creature is, indeed, a dragon!
:cheer::cheer::cheer:

While I was scouring my old laptop for the image for the up-and-coming mobile app, I noticed that whoever has created the image named it "ctoon_Draggy.png". See???? Draggy - short for dragon :jump:!!!!

I knew it :cool: - Carole will be soooo pleased :butterfly:!!

YES! YES! YES! I knew it, oh ye of little faith people out there that doubted. :dance2::dance::dance::dance2::cheer::cheer::jump::jump::jump:

THANK YOU letsconnect, I knew we were right, now all you dino, croc and other believer's out there it is a DRAGON It is now official
:ROFLMAO:

Pleased doesn't even begin to describe how I feel WhoooooooooooooooooooooHooooooooooooooo:p:p:p

So fellow dragon voters, REJOICE and bask in the GLORY :star::star::star::giggle::giggle::giggle:;);););):):):);D;D;D:cool::cool::cool:

Can't argue with the facts, now can you, give that woman (letsconnect) a medal :jump::jump::jump: for all the hard work, persistence, months of dedicated study, I am sure she wishes to thank her mom, dad and all who put her there. Sorry got carried away there, different award ceremony, still stand up and take a bow:superman: :butterfly::butterfly::butterfly:

Oh dear me, I'm absolutely certain it must have been a typing error and should have said dinosaur. :ROFLMAO:

It is indeed a
DRAGON
Let's face it... All you non-believers; secretly, deep down inside, in your heart of hearts, you always knew it was a dragon. ;)

:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

Now the question is.... Is our Draggy a boy or girl??? :p

Hi Vicki I hope you are well, we won, we won, we won, we weren't swayed, we were not for turning, and we won :jump::jump::jump: Fellow winners all together now :nahnahna::nahnahna::nahnahna:

It is a boy of course, Oh yes Vicki, the ones that doubted, now they know. Sparkles no typing error, no mistake, just suck it up and admit you were wrong :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.

So it is settled then it is a male DRAGON, Yes? :butterfly:

I wonder what pianimo makes of this now, it was her that started all this. :cry:Guess the losers look like this now. :doh:Have some flowers :flowers:

So it is settled then it is a male DRAGON, Yes? :butterfly:

Before we decide on the male vs female issue, we should establish Vicki's motives for bringing up gender in the first place :scared:... you may not know this, carole, but Vicki has a bit of a reputation for chasing creatures that (a) have two legs (like Draggy), (b) are male, and (c) start with a D (like Draggy)... :hmm:

I just want to make sure that everyone on the forum feels safe, and that includes Draggy the Dragon ;D

I see, well we will just have to keep our eye on Vicki then, so until we know why she brought it up I guess we will hold final judgement on the gender of the DRAGON. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: So come on Vicki spill, why does it matter what gender the DRAGON ​is.

I did see a reference once some time ago on a thread about Vicki chasing the male of the species, and the letter D figured in there somewhere.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm curiouser and curiouser
:butterfly:

I wonder what pianimo makes of this now, it was her that started all this.

What do I make of this? Well, as I see it, this new evidence leaves us with two options:

1. Draggy is, indeed a dragon. This inevitably leads us to the conclusion that Draggy has been subject to extreme torture during which her wings and ears have been mercilessly ripped off. This, in turn, explains the anguished expression on her face, as she screams in pain. I feel this possibility must immeditately be rejected, as I am certain that letsconnect would never endorse or be connected with such terrible animal cruelty.

2. Draggy is a Tragon (half dragon, half T-Rex, for those late joining the debate!), given a popular dragon's name by her dragon father. As for Draggy's pained expression, this is due to people continually calling her a dragon, which deeply offends her sense of ethnic identity (not to mention her mother!)!

Sorted. :) :p

Now the question is.... Is our Draggy a boy or girl??? :p

Sorry to disappoint Vicki, but Draggy appears to be wearing eye make-up, along with some beautifully manicured nails...

ctoon_Draggy.png

...so I'm guessing female?!

After considering the new evidence, it would appear that Draggy is indeed a dragon and that far from having his or her ears mercilessly removed in a deliberate act of torture, he or she is in fact a baby dragon. This is clearly evident from the number of teeth that Draggy has and the fact that his or her wings are still developing and so are hidden from view.

The number of teeth a dragon has depends on its age. An adult dragon whose wings are big enough to enable it to fly has an average of 130 to 138 teeth. As it gets older, this increases to 200 to 220. Some species have two rows of teeth and so they range from 300 to 320 in fully grown dragons. As you can see, Draggy has only 11 teeth and so is therefore a baby dragon.

I see, well we will just have to keep our eye on Vicki then, so until we know why she brought it up I guess we will hold final judgement on the gender of the DRAGON. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: So come on Vicki spill, why does it matter what gender the DRAGON ​is.

The answer is quite simple... I like dragons. ;) Those of you who are familiar with the Harry Potter books will know that Hagrid had a very fine young dragon called Norbert. :p

I see, well when we have decided on the gender, we will have to name our baby DRAGON and make sure no harm comes to him/her. When I was having my babies I used to refer to the bump as himshe, maybe our DRAGON could be a himshe, so we would just have a name to find then.

Pianimo, plenty males these days have nail polish on and wear make up, you're argument doesn't stand up. We could end up in a right old pickle are we going with himshe, or do we debate further.

We have our own infant to look after then Vicki, so we had better set up a rota, don't want the little one to starve or die of thirst, do we.
:butterfly:

Back