• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

My crown fell out with 1 post left in my mouth, and 1 post stuck in crown! HELP!

  • Thread starter Thread starter heddabunny
  • Start date Start date
H

heddabunny

Junior member
Joined
Apr 3, 2014
Messages
1
My crown fell out with 1 post left in my mouth, and 1 post stuck in crown! HELP!

HI! I have had terrible dental problems my whole blessed life! (I am only 28 years old, mind you!!) I have had a crown for a few years on the right, second tooth from back, and apparently it had posts in it. I know it was at one point root-canaled. Anyway, tonight the tooth completely came off, with 1 of the posts still in my mouth and 1 of the posts stuck in the crown. I am TERRIFIED of what will come of this!! I hate going to the dentist, even for a cleaning because my teeth are so sensetive and the hygenist never seems to care about that. :( Anyway, I am mostly terrified that the whole thing will have to be pulled out and that will not only cause a lot of pain, but also it will be detrimental to my chewing and bite as it is a big molar. Any advice to calm my nerves would be greatly appreciated!

I have attached 2 photos of the blessed crown.

Thanks.
-Frazzled one:cry:
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3284[1].jpg
    IMG_3284[1].jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_3285[1].jpg
    IMG_3285[1].jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 32
Re: My crown fell out with 1 post left in my mouth, and 1 post stuck in crown! HELP!

Based on the picture you submitted I would have concerns about the tooth.
Questions that would dictate treatment:
1. Is there caries(cavity) under the old crown?
2. How much tooth is left above the gumline? (like to see 2+mm)
3. How does the roots and the previous root canal treatment look in a x-ray?

As to your hygienist I would first say talk to the doctor and see how he replies. If you can't get a better situation then change dentists. I'm guessing you live in the USA where there are ample number of dentists available in most of the country.
 
Back
Top