J
jrgibson
Junior member
- Joined
- Oct 14, 2020
- Messages
- 4
- Location
- Phoenix, AZ
I am 23 and my teeth are in fairly bad shape. I need serious orthodontic work, but my priority right now is getting my mouth healthy. I have cavities and two teeth that have chipped away and broken off almost to the root over the years. How do I go about "warning" my dentist/dentists' office of my situation? I feel like I shouldn't just make a normal cleaning appointment. Should I tell the people over the phone that I have never been to a dentist and have a lot more work that needs to be done than just a regular cleaning?
I'm just feeling overwhelmed at where to start and how to go about all of this. Any support and suggestions are much appreciated!
I'm just feeling overwhelmed at where to start and how to go about all of this. Any support and suggestions are much appreciated!

), and although it was tough getting into the chair and opening my mouth, with much apprehension I plucked up the courage, just closed my eyes and did it. The dentist took it all in his stride and was very professional and now I feel so much better that I've crossed that bridge I was so fearful of. I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders even though I know I have a long road of dental work ahead of me. I would definitely give them a heads up about the cavities so they can set aside time to get straight to it and do some work. All the best