• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

ouch. needing advice on living temporarily with a broken fron tooth

starryblu

starryblu

the night before last, i broke off a front tooth while eating Skittles. (shame on those Skittles!) well actually, i broke a temporary crown, exposing the tooth underneath. i've been so upset.:cry: i don't mind having the tooth fixed, this is probably the third time it has happened. (once on a chocolate Easter bunny....i should leave the candy alone, right?) but i hate going to work or out in public with the broken tooth.:redface: and this time i will be stuck with the darn thing for a bit. i am scheduled for a procedure in about 3 weeks, so the expense to get it fixed seems pointless at this point. i will be getting it pulled, along with the rest of my top teeth. my dentist is doing the "all-on-four" fixed bridge. i'm actually excited about it. i have a temporary partial that i've been wearing for about 5 years, and it looks awful. i can't wait to be able to smile again.

anyway, back to the broken tooth. i'm planning to baby it until i go for my procedure. thank goodness it's had a root canal, so it's not painful. (root canal probably being the reason it's breaking) the big problem is that the darn thing is so sharp, it's like having a razor blade in my mouth. i've been using some dental wax to cover it, but i'm having an awful time getting the stuff to stay on my tooth. even when it will stay, it's very bothersome. i can't seem to get it applied without feeling like i have a mouthful of wax. i apply it, and try to trim the excess, then it just falls off.

i would really like to hear anyone's experience with the wax. if it were possible, i would not go to work until the procedure is done. that's how much i hate looking this way! but my wallet won't allow that. (it's not working well with the expense of the all-on-four procedure either) sooo...i have to figure out some way to make this work, and be comfortable for the next three weeks.

any suggestions? and thanks, for reading my post, and any input you can help with :friends:

since you are going in in a couple weeks can your dentist sand down the sharp part? I've had teeth sanded down and it is fast and painless...I don't know anything about dental wax? Sorry:)

since you are going in in a couple weeks can your dentist sand down the sharp part? I've had teeth sanded down and it is fast and painless...I don't know anything about dental wax? Sorry:)

actually, that's what i'm planning to do! i guess i will just try to avoid going any way i can lol....but i know i need to make a trip to see my dentist. i'm giving them a call in the morning. grrr...i hate the thought of another appt.

thanks for the input, it's very much appreciated!

you're welcome..Sanding the tooth down will be an easy appointment:) no needles....:o

you're welcome..Sanding the tooth down will be an easy appointment:) no needles....:o

ahhh, i am very fond of appointments without needles!:grin:

Back