• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Recs for an NHS dentist in Manchester

R

rgibson82

Hello! I'm looking for a dentist that will be sympathertic to my nervousness, I havn't seen a dentist since my teenage years and I'm ashamed to say that long standing infection has gotten worse and worse and is finally at that point where I need treatment. I've done all the usuals, asked my Doc for a referral, registered with one that seems ideal and uses The Wand, but has a 4 month waiting list, I'm contacting a few from the advice of the 111 service. But which dentists have you used that have been particularly understanding?

We have a dental review section of the forum. It's called "Dentist Reviews and Recommendations" and is the last section on the forum homepage. From there you can navigate to England and then North West - or simply use the "Search Forum" function and search for "Manchester".

Back