Kim
Well-known member
- Joined
- Mar 4, 2012
- Messages
- 1,859
- Location
- Hertfordshire
You do make me laugh hun - I am really chuffed that you managed to get through it - I will post my update in a bit as won't take up your 'space'
I just make myself laugh really, because doesn't matter how many times I go, and know nothing is going to be really bad, my head can't get round that during the run up to the appointment. It makes my whole body think that I am going before a firing squad, and I realised today, that I am better and kinder to myself when I am driving and not the passenger
I can never tell the frightened one's, I mean, there are people who are actually making conversation when they are waiting
what is that all about - I am too busy crossing and uncrossing my legs, twisting my hands around all over the place, and occasionally now (so that is good) watching my little legs do a merry little dance, and trying to calm them down






And I am totally in
of you for even managing to pick up a magazine, let alone read any of it. That would just be too much to ask of me 

So you are a very brave woman for doing what you did today, and don't you forget it
I just make myself laugh really, because doesn't matter how many times I go, and know nothing is going to be really bad, my head can't get round that during the run up to the appointment. It makes my whole body think that I am going before a firing squad, and I realised today, that I am better and kinder to myself when I am driving and not the passenger
I can never tell the frightened one's, I mean, there are people who are actually making conversation when they are waiting
what is that all about - I am too busy crossing and uncrossing my legs, twisting my hands around all over the place, and occasionally now (so that is good) watching my little legs do a merry little dance, and trying to calm them down






And I am totally in
of you for even managing to pick up a magazine, let alone read any of it. That would just be too much to ask of me 

So you are a very brave woman for doing what you did today, and don't you forget it


I always get a stomach ache on the way to the office too; if there was only one symptom I could get rid of, it would be that one.
there is something else!
I also sit forward on the chair to the very last minute leading up to treatment and I'm told or "invited"
to lay back.
Not sure you're giving yourself enough credit! There's enough people out there quick to dismiss our achievements, (regardless of what they are). There are times when we should be able to stand on the rooftops shouting how proud we are of ourselves, no matter how small the achievements seem to others! 
6 months goes by soo quickly sometimes, doesn't it?! I feel like I was just there.
afterwards. It is a huge boost to be able to post one of those instead of 

. I told her I didn't really know why I was nervous to dodge the question and then the dentist and her assistant just stared at me for a few minutes while I tried to get it together (awkward!

. I don't think I will ever get over my mom springing that treatment on me though! 