• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Super nervous to make appointment

R

Rose529

Hello there, I am a 37 female and I haven’t been to the dentist in about ten years , I have been a few times only to get A tooth pulled or root canal performed because of excruciating pain. But no cleaning or regular oral care. I brush twice a day, floss, waterppik. I quit smoking recently after ten years whoo hoo! But seems my teeth have randomly hurt or been very sensitive, also my gums on the bottom part are dark red 😟 I’m so scared I have periodontal diease and have to get teeth extracted, I have already have four back molars out due to infections. I’m going to attach photo, any suggestions or support would be greatly appreciated!AC7B7C9F-3068-4106-83F0-95BB14164D50.jpegAC7B7C9F-3068-4106-83F0-95BB14164D50.jpeg

here is a photo of the red gums ☹️

Your gums look fine in that bottom photo.

Really?? I thought that dark red line is a bad sign of gum disease

Nope, quite the opposite. In fact in my younger days we called it a "health line".
You're seeing the division between the 2 different kinds of mucous membrane that lines your mouth. The tough stuff that handles the wear and tear from chewing and the softer stuff that covers most of the rest of it.

Back