• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Survived my checkup. No cavities, everything ok, but paranoid about a filling...PICS

Yourbigpalal83

Yourbigpalal83

Survived my checkup. No cavities, everything ok, but paranoid about a filling...PICS

Just got back from my checkup...

No cavities, of course...rough cleaning but to be expected after 5 years. No problems what so ever, slight gum recession from not getting a cleaning, but nothing to worry about.

On my way out of the parking lot, scrapped a car, but thats a whole other story.

When I got home, of course I check everything with my dental mirror....

Im worried about a filling I got on the side of an upper molar. No pain..nothing but im paranoid now she (the hygienists) cracked it, based off how the light shines off it differently now...

Odds are she just polished it and the light shines off it slightly differently now but id like to get your guys opinion...I included pics I took (the best I could) so you could all check)

Attachments

• IMG_1203.jpg
    IMG_1203.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1204.jpg
    IMG_1204.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1206.jpg
    IMG_1206.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 42
Re: Survived my checkup. No cavities, everything ok, but paranoid about a filling...PICS

I just went back in a bit of OCD PANIC and had him look at it and he said nothing to worry about and its fine but why do i still doubt it.

Logically If I had a crack in a silver filling...it would show up a dark line correct? This is a white T shaped line! No pain no suffering, and he double checked it, im just confused...

My teeth were cleaned and polished. So I figure one of 3 things happened.. 1, the cleaning moved a bit of gum exposing a natural curve in the filling....2, the polish highlighted the shape and curve of the filling (its by the gum line on the lingual side of a rear molar on my left side, or 3, the cleaning machine scraped the filling just a bit...

if it was cracked, he would have wanted to fix it correct? standard treatment...

im OCDING HARD OVER THIS...why can't I believe im totally fine and their is nothing wrong with my teeth!

Last edited:
Re: Survived my checkup. No cavities, everything ok, but paranoid about a filling...PICS

Note the T shaped white line...logically a cracked filling, based off my research, would be black and easy to pick up, correct? is this a polish mark or a scrape? is the tooth structurally compromised..my dentist says no, but he looked at it for all of 3 seconds.

Also please note the black on the edge of the tooth, is not a broken tooth, its where the old dental mirror is wearing away, proof of this can be seen in the other photos where the tooth is indeed intact!

Attachments

• IMG_EF262C1A1EA0-1.jpg
    IMG_EF262C1A1EA0-1.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 44
Back