• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Tooth extraction sinus trouble

R

Ratappy

I had my lower right back molar extracted three weeks and five days ago. I have had numbness to side of tongue and cheek since extraction. The dentist said the site is healing well and I agree although I do occasionally get a bad taste in my mouth and sharp pain in throat that goes away but not often. My question is, I just started having sinus issues about 3 days ago. My ears feel full, my head hurts, my nose feels pressure, throat is sore.... I have NEVER had sinus issues. Also when I use saline spray it's giving me a brain freeze. Could this be from the extraction?

Last edited:
I had my lower right back molar extracted three weeks and five days ago. I have had numbness to side of tongue and cheek since extraction. The dentist said the site is healing well and I agree although I do occasionally get a bad taste in my mouth and sharp pain in throat that goes away but not often. My question is, I just started having sinus issues about 3 days ago. My ears feel full, my head hurts, my nose feels pressure, throat is sore.... I have NEVER had sinus issues. Also when I use saline spray it's giving me a brain freeze. Could this be from the extraction?
I don’t think there is any direct linkage between the two.

I forgot to mention the tooth was infected when pulled and I was put on 10 days of amoxicillin. Don't know if that changes anything. Appreciate your time! My anxiety is crazy.

Nope. Still no connection between a lower extraction and a sinus issue.

Thank you both for your time!

Back