• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Two More Days ... OMG!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Snowbird
  • Start date Start date
Jeez...I've lost 10 pounds since I started getting teeth yanked and I think you just found it :) I'm too creeped out to eat when I just had teeth pulled. Aren't I a wimp??? I'm so, so glad it all went well for you!!
Peace,
Susan
 
Okaira, normally I would be the same as you ... too wimped out to eat. I think I was still in a state of amnesia last night because I don't remember much of my having eaten. I thought I was just 'grazing'. ;D Guess hubby didn't realize that I wasn't aware of what I was doing because he let me eat all that food. LOL He said he mentioned it to me, asking if I should be eating all that I was ... but I don't remember him saying that.

Today I'm still feeling 'weird' but not at all hungry ... wonder why? It's a wonder I didn't burst at the seams from having eaten all that I did. Normally every morning I have a piece of toast with some meat spread on it with my coffee but this morning I couldn't eat it and the coffee made me feel yucky!

Wish I could loose 10 pounds. Did you need to loose any weight?
 
Yep, I need to lose about another 30 pounds, but I'm working out 4-5 times per week and REALLY watching what I eat. I never had a weight problem until after my son was born. Then my hormones went crazy and I gained a ton. Now that I'm 48, I want it gone for good. The problem is I'm Italian and live to eat, and I'm one hell of a good cook :) Pasta and wine are definitely my weakness, but I'm being a very good girl lately :) All I can say is thank God for lowcarb pasta :)
Peace,
Susan
 
You guys are making me hungry! :) You'd better be careful, Okira, or I might just show up at your door some day for some of that yummy pasta and wine.
 
Okira,
I think I am the only person whose mouth can be in agony and still not lose weight! Didn't lose a pound with 11 extractions and implants all done at the same time.
Pasta and wine are also my down fall. Most times I try for a low cab diet but they just haven't invented low carb wine yet!
What brand of low carb pasta do you buy? Here in my area I buy Dreamfields, but it is not always available.
 
vict4ia...You're more than welcome! Steffi, I also use Dreamfield's, and my Publix ordered all the different types for me including the lasagne :) Low carb wine would be an answer to my prayers, but I'll stick with the regular stuff until then :)
Peace,
Susan
 
I didnt lose any weight either Steffi. Everyone told me I would lose weight, even the dentist so I deliberately went on a 'put weight on' diet so I wouldnt look too thin afterwards, as I find it hard to put weight on and blow me, didn't lose an ounce.
 
To all the ladies,

Scaredstiff finds it hard to put on weight---I think we shall have to stop talking to her!!! Just kidding but it's not fair.
 
To all the ladies,

Scaredstiff finds it hard to put on weight---I think we shall have to stop talking to her!!! Just kidding but it's not fair.

Amen to that! Lucky for her, she's just so gosh-darn NICE so it's difficult to really dislike her. I may stick with envy for a little while, though...that seems pretty harmless. :)
 
You can go off people so quickly, can't you Steffi! So I may as well pack my bags and go to Coventry, eh? (Does everyone know that expression or is it an English thing, being sent to Coventry, as in when no one speaks to you). I'm only joking of course. It's funny though, as humans we really are a dissatisfied lot aren't we, never happy with what we've got. I was always so thin, just couldnt put weight on and to maintain what I used to call my 'winter weight' I used to eat a 2 litre tub of chocolate icecream each night, apart from all the other supposedly fat foods. But people used to think I was anorexic, but no. Also I have curly hair, how I longed for straight hair and every day the straightening tongs come out - still do. No, we always want what we haven't got, sort of like the grasser is greener on the other side.
Still, at least I've now got the perfect teeth that I craved for over the past few years. OK, they're not my own - well wait a bit, yes they are, I paid for them! ;D
 
You can go off people so quickly, can't you Steffi! So I may as well pack my bags and go to Coventry, eh? (Does everyone know that expression or is it an English thing, being sent to Coventry, as in when no one speaks to you). I'm only joking of course. It's funny though, as humans we really are a dissatisfied lot aren't we, never happy with what we've got. I was always so thin, just couldnt put weight on and to maintain what I used to call my 'winter weight' I used to eat a 2 litre tub of chocolate icecream each night, apart from all the other supposedly fat foods. But people used to think I was anorexic, but no. Also I have curly hair, how I longed for straight hair and every day the straightening tongs come out - still do. No, we always want what we haven't got, sort of like the grasser is greener on the other side.
Still, at least I've now got the perfect teeth that I craved for over the past few years. OK, they're not my own - well wait a bit, yes they are, I paid for them! ;D

That is SO true! I can't say anybody has ever thought I was anorexic, but I totally relate to the hair :) My hair is SO thick and SO wavy, and one day I got tired of trying to make it straight. Chopped it all off and have loved it short ever since! I'm always getting comments on beautiful my hair is and I've always hated it. Go figure. You must have the metabolism I've been wanting my entire adult life!!! Go have some ice cream for me :)
Peace,
Susan
 
Yes, it's TOTALLY true lololol! :rofl:

I get fat just by smelling food, so I'm definitely jealous now. I do relate to the hair bit, though... Mine's not really straight OR curly, just sort of bushy. :-[ So every morning, out comes the straightener!! I hate taking the time every day but hate the bushy hair worse. 8-)
 
Susan, even before I logged in and saw your message, I went and had icecream - not only for you but for several more too. Been out most of the day celebrating mothers day with my sister, doing lots of shopping, not buying except her for a pair of shoes and me for two handbags, ots of Starbucks coffees and then out for dinner and yes, icecreams with choc sauce for dessert and, as we had the grandchildren with us and they didnt finish their icecreams, yes you guessed it, I managed, I mean icecream slips down the throat so easily.
Don't be envious about being thin. For years my brother in law used to make jokes about me having put my bra on wrong way round because my shoulderblades stuck out more than what the bra is designed to uplift:rofl: Sorry guys, this is a girl thing.:)
 
Yep, let's burn those bras... mikey, whaddaya think :P?

@ Snowbird - your story about the Chinese takeaway was toooo funny :rofl:
 
Last edited:
Scaredstiff,

I am still speaking to you, so no you haven"t been sent to Coventry; of course since I am from the the states I have no reference to that statement!
You said that you were celebrating mothers day with your sister; is it a holiday in England for you now as our Mother' s Day comes some time in May here in the states.
You now have me almost falling off my couch with your statement about your brother-in-law and your bra!
For years I was always too thin also(no chest included), but I am 5 feet 10 inches tall and now although I have gained some weight(menopause is a killer), my friends say they can't see it. I know it as my clothes are my barometer as to how I am doing in the fitness area.
I guess we have gone a bit off topic from dentistry but it sure is fun. I will wish you the best for your visit in the A.M. and hope all goes well for you.
Getting back to shopping; two more purses, really now , good for you!
Let us know how your visit goes tomorrow.

Steffi
 
snowbird im so happy that it all went ok..

its helped me reading this thread as i can understand how scared you was.
after my last visit to the dentist last week i know now that sedation is the way to go, for me.

knowing all went ok for you has helped.

[smiley=hugging.gif]

well done to you[smiley=jumping.gif]
 
hehehe.. I'm going to have to remember that one!, I could definately tell some jokes that would cause the mods to sprint for the delete button:P I'm also blessed with a fast metabolism so I eat what I please and do what I want and don't gain too much weight[smiley=cheers.gif]
 
Mikey, Of course you can. You are 16 years old, oh well I was going to say something profound but it has left my mind!

God bless youth!
 
Steffi, I noticed you live in Atlanta. Have you ever been to the bass proshop down there? I always stop by it when im traveling with my parents:)
 
No Mikey, haven't been there as I am not into hunting or fishing, but it is not far from my home and close to many other shops that I go to regularly. Just drove past it on Fri. going to my chiropractor and it is on the same road as my favorite wharehouse shopping store, Costco. Seems it is a small world!
Next time you are comming to the Atlanta area, let me know.
 
Back
Top