• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Unbearable pain but can't get help, advice desperately needed

Hello everyone i am 31 i also have a unbelieveable fear of the dentist...i cant go at all i have had a severe toothache for days now icant sleep im snapping at my son and partner because of the painand i cant take this anymore idont know what to do..please pleaseanyone help

Sorry to to hear you're suffering too :( I went to the doctors first, explained I was dental phobic and they prescribed some strong painkillers which hugely helped to reduce the pain and got me thinking rationally again.
i ended up going to the dentist and let me tell you I was scared to death! They told me I need 10 extractions :( however the dentist was calm, listened to me and agreed to refer me to the sedation team.

i am still very scared and have my consultation on Monday, but at least now I know what I am facing and the pain is under control. Please get some help, we can support each other through this! Xx

It is hard to get in the spirit of things isn't it!!! Thanks so much for your support through this, let's hope we're both up and running soon :)
The pain has been better today and I haven't been sick. I have the sedation consultation on Monday so hopefully it won't be long after that until I'm sorted. Almost looking forward to getting all the bad ones out and being able to focus on making the good teeth look as good as possible. A lot of positive thinking going on here today haha!!! Xx

I'm glad you're feeling a bit better.
My appointment is tomorrow to finish my root canal but I don't think they can do it with my infection still going on.
Here's hoping we can have a pain free new year.

I'm glad you're feeling a bit better.
My appointment is tomorrow to finish my root canal but I don't think they can do it with my infection still going on.
Here's hoping we can have a pain free new year.

Best of luck for tomorrow, let me know how it goes.:clover: Hopefully in the new year we will both have lovely, fixed, pain free teeth :)

I will let you know, thanks. I would really like to be able to enjoy my Christmas dinner.. since I am the one stuck cooking it LOL.

Hope today went well and you're ok :)

Thanks for thinking of me. My Novocain just wore off a little while ago and I am pretty sore and achy but I'm hoping that's normal.
He was able to finish it this time and put a filling in, but because I have barely any tooth structure left now they are making me come back one more time to put a post in it to support the filling. He said my infection is cleared up and the pain I've been having might just be a muscle pain from so many appointments and having my mouth stretched open all the time, and so many shots of Novocain in the same spot. I think today brought me to 18 shots in 2 months. ugh! I am a pin cushion.

Thanks for thinking of me. My Novocain just wore off a little while ago and I am pretty sore and achy but I'm hoping that's normal.
He was able to finish it this time and put a filling in, but because I have barely any tooth structure left now they are making me come back one more time to put a post in it to support the filling. He said my infection is cleared up and the pain I've been having might just be a muscle pain from so many appointments and having my mouth stretched open all the time, and so many shots of Novocain in the same spot. I think today brought me to 18 shots in 2 months. ugh! I am a pin cushion.

It sounds like you've been through it all! Well done for getting it done and at least you're a step closer to being finished :jump:

Well done and I hope the aching goes away soon x

Thank you, still achy today but maybe a little less than yesterday. Good luck with your consultation Monday, I'll be thinking of you.

Good luck today at your consultation:) I know it's all so scary but just try to concentrate on the pain free new year we are going to have.

Good luck today at your consultation:) I know it's all so scary but just try to concentrate on the pain free new year we are going to have.

Thank you for thinking of me :) I went along to the consultation and the dentist was lovely. They have agreed to sedation and I'm going in on 5th January as my tooth is behaving itself now and i'm not in pain at the moment. He said we will tackle the other teeth after the troublesome one!

feeling a little better about it but not exactly looking forward to the 5th!! Hope your tooth has settled now x

That's great news!!! So glad you got through the appointment and know what comes next. I think that sometimes not knowing is the worst part. I'm also so glad that the dentist was nice -- that will make all the difference!

I hope that you can at least enjoy the holidays more now that you have a plan :)

Thank you for thinking of me :) I went along to the consultation and the dentist was lovely. They have agreed to sedation and I'm going in on 5th January as my tooth is behaving itself now and i'm not in pain at the moment. He said we will tackle the other teeth after the troublesome one!

feeling a little better about it but not exactly looking forward to the 5th!! Hope your tooth has settled now x

I'm glad it went well, and having a dentist with a good chair side manner can really make all the difference in the world as far as the level of fear we go through.
Good luck on the 5th!
I don't have to go back til the beginning of February. my tooth is still acting up at times but it is nowhere near as bad as it was before the root canal. I am able to look down and bend down without getting that horrid ache in the whole side of my face and head. I still can't chew on it or my jaw aches but it has improved and I am hopeful that it will keep getting better.

Back