• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

unbearable pain in my gum.

P

padadan

Hello all, about a week ago my gum began to hurt. a slight throbbing pain. last time this happened the dentist gave me some anti bionics (amoxicillin) and it did the trick. I'm not registered at any dentist so i thought id go to my Dr and explain. He gave me some amoxicillin and after 48hours all was well..didnt really hurt much anymore however, the last 2 days have been unbearable pain, i have not slept at all because when i lie down the pain increases x100 so i try and sleep up right but i just can't. I tried to call around dentists today but no one can see me and said call again tomorrow. does anyone have any advice? i thought i could be a abscess but i can't see any bumps on my gums that google tells me to look for. Is it supposed to get worse before it gets better pain wise?? I've missed 2 days off work which is stressing me out as i really need the money. i just can't go another night without sleep, i feel I'm losing my mind.

oh i have also ben taking ibrufen and paracetamol along with nurofen plus that the lady at the chemist gave me but it doesn't do anything.

I can totally sympathize with you.I have had an abscess and the pain was unbearable.I thought I was going insane as I couldn't sleep and couldn't think properly.I don't know if you are in the UK as you can access the NHS emergency services.For me the antibiotics eventually took the pain away.
I did Google home remedies for a tooth abscess and the only one that helped a little was putting raw garlic on my gum as it is supposedly a natural antibiotic until I could access a dentist.However they forgot to add that you should not leave it there too long as it can burn the gum.
Hope you feel better soon it is the worst pain in the world.

Back