• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Weirdest thing ever

L

livewire27

I have quite a lot of implants (13) which include 2 top bridges on each side of my upper jaw. They have been stable for quiote a long time and they were done at differnt times. This morning I was having a coffee and a small piece of white chocolate and suddenly the upper left bridges dropped into my mouth. I went to my local dentist and he glued it in. Tonight I was having a coffee and a had agian a small piece of soft white choclate anf the other bridge upper right dropped out!!! This is bizarre. Did a piece of soft white chocolate do this? I have eaten chocolate many times and drunk coffee many times. Any idea what has caused this - i guess the dentist will glue this back tomorrow. I am freaked out. I have never really had probs with my implants before. They occasionally have come out over the years but never 2 on the same day.

Oh no! I can't offer any advice (not a dentist), but I do send encouragement. I hope all your bad luck was used up with these experiences, and that things start to get better soon. Keep us posted.

Sounds like the cement bond on both was failing and coincidentally failed while you were drinking coffee and eating white chocolate, I don't think there's a connection :)

Like Gordon said just coincidence, unless you're drinking some really weird cement dissolving coffee :)

Implant bridges are usually cemented with temporary cement incase they need removed so can pop off from time to time.

I guess the dentist used temporary cement with the implants. It is done at times.

Back