• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone with a fear of the dentist, dental phobia, or specific dental fears.

It's a supportive space to talk to people with similar experiences, and get advice and information.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

What kind of toothpaste do you use?

Gilchrist'sVictim

Gilchrist'sVictim

I have lots of problems with my teeth and esp gums and my dentist is anxious for me to (try!) to avoid cavities, so I have to use a prescription toothpaste now. It's called "PreviDent 5000" Booster Plus and it contains a lot more fluoride than the toothpaste you can just buy anywhere without a prescription. It has 1.1% Sodium Fluoride which is considerably more fluoride than commercial OTC toothpastes. I'm supposed to use it once a day while brushing and for the other brushing (twice a day) use a commercial toothpaste. I was using Sensodyne since my teeth are sometimes sensitive, but being a bad girl I now only brush once a day (if that o_O )--I got into this mess by brushing TOO OFTEN ha ha ha--so all I use is the PreviDent. My dentist gives me the prescription and like any other med I get it filled at the local drug store--altho they usually have to order it since it isn't in high demand. :rolleyes:

On the bright side *snort* you can choose between two flavors: Spearmint or Fruitastic. Being the emotionally backward 3-year-old that I am, I always beg for the Fruitastic, cause it does have a pretty nice "fruity" taste.

How pathetic is that?!?

G

geos

I have lots of problems with my teeth and esp gums and my dentist is anxious for me to (try!) to avoid cavities, so I have to use a prescription toothpaste now. It's called "PreviDent 5000" Booster Plus and it contains a lot more fluoride than the toothpaste you can just buy anywhere without a prescription. It has 1.1% Sodium Fluoride which is considerably more fluoride than commercial OTC toothpastes. I'm supposed to use it once a day while brushing and for the other brushing (twice a day) use a commercial toothpaste. I was using Sensodyne since my teeth are sometimes sensitive, but being a bad girl I now only brush once a day (if that o_O )--I got into this mess by brushing TOO OFTEN ha ha ha--so all I use is the PreviDent. My dentist gives me the prescription and like any other med I get it filled at the local drug store--altho they usually have to order it since it isn't in high demand. :rolleyes:

On the bright side *snort* you can choose between two flavors: Spearmint or Fruitastic. Being the emotionally backward 3-year-old that I am, I always beg for the Fruitastic, cause it does have a pretty nice "fruity" taste.

How pathetic is that?!?

Yeah, in Canada PreviDent is available OTC and the first time I bought it, I was lucky enough the cashier noticed it had expired over a year ago. I use that one and a regular toothpaste for my second brushing. Right now I use Sensodyne to calm down the sensitivity after my latest fillings.

K

Kevin Damon

Former Member
Colgate normally.
Rapid Relief - Sensodyne when teeth become more sensitive.

M

Mishkita

Former Member
I use only Pepsodent toothpaste and you can buy it from anywhere. Now I brush two times in a day and dentists also gives you advice to do brush two times in a day . Pepsodent is a best product for keep your mouth fresh and for strong teeth . if your teeth have become more sensitive and you can`t eat anything you can use Sensodyne because it is best for sensitive teeth .