• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

What kind of toothpaste do you use?

I have lots of problems with my teeth and esp gums and my dentist is anxious for me to (try!) to avoid cavities, so I have to use a prescription toothpaste now. It's called "PreviDent 5000" Booster Plus and it contains a lot more fluoride than the toothpaste you can just buy anywhere without a prescription. It has 1.1% Sodium Fluoride which is considerably more fluoride than commercial OTC toothpastes. I'm supposed to use it once a day while brushing and for the other brushing (twice a day) use a commercial toothpaste. I was using Sensodyne since my teeth are sometimes sensitive, but being a bad girl I now only brush once a day (if that o_O )--I got into this mess by brushing TOO OFTEN ha ha ha--so all I use is the PreviDent. My dentist gives me the prescription and like any other med I get it filled at the local drug store--altho they usually have to order it since it isn't in high demand. :rolleyes:

On the bright side *snort* you can choose between two flavors: Spearmint or Fruitastic. Being the emotionally backward 3-year-old that I am, I always beg for the Fruitastic, cause it does have a pretty nice "fruity" taste.

How pathetic is that?!?

I have lots of problems with my teeth and esp gums and my dentist is anxious for me to (try!) to avoid cavities, so I have to use a prescription toothpaste now. It's called "PreviDent 5000" Booster Plus and it contains a lot more fluoride than the toothpaste you can just buy anywhere without a prescription. It has 1.1% Sodium Fluoride which is considerably more fluoride than commercial OTC toothpastes. I'm supposed to use it once a day while brushing and for the other brushing (twice a day) use a commercial toothpaste. I was using Sensodyne since my teeth are sometimes sensitive, but being a bad girl I now only brush once a day (if that o_O )--I got into this mess by brushing TOO OFTEN ha ha ha--so all I use is the PreviDent. My dentist gives me the prescription and like any other med I get it filled at the local drug store--altho they usually have to order it since it isn't in high demand. :rolleyes:

On the bright side *snort* you can choose between two flavors: Spearmint or Fruitastic. Being the emotionally backward 3-year-old that I am, I always beg for the Fruitastic, cause it does have a pretty nice "fruity" taste.

How pathetic is that?!?

Yeah, in Canada PreviDent is available OTC and the first time I bought it, I was lucky enough the cashier noticed it had expired over a year ago. I use that one and a regular toothpaste for my second brushing. Right now I use Sensodyne to calm down the sensitivity after my latest fillings.

Colgate normally.
Rapid Relief - Sensodyne when teeth become more sensitive.

I use only Pepsodent toothpaste and you can buy it from anywhere. Now I brush two times in a day and dentists also gives you advice to do brush two times in a day . Pepsodent is a best product for keep your mouth fresh and for strong teeth . if your teeth have become more sensitive and you can`t eat anything you can use Sensodyne because it is best for sensitive teeth .

Back