• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Xray pic- are my wisdom teeth impacted?

M

Missymajor

I realize some of you guys aren’t professionals but even opinions will do. I have messed up wisdom teeth that are crumbling and keep getting infected. I’m getting them all removed in less than a week. Can someone tell me if they are impacted?

Attachments

• DDE66AE1-46AD-486D-86FA-F8EE62DC3634.jpeg
    DDE66AE1-46AD-486D-86FA-F8EE62DC3634.jpeg
    481.5 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Hello,
I am not a dentist and hopefully one can confirm but based on my experience as a patient who had 4 impacted wisdom teeth, I would say no. If they were impacted, they wouldn’t be able to fully erupt or may not even erupt at all. They are sorta trapped in the jaw bone because they have no room to move. I found an example of what impacted wisdom teeth look like online for comparison. You can see one tooth is completely on it’s side under the gums.

Attachments

• 3A9781C5-2A20-41B7-874A-B447F4B033A5.jpeg
    3A9781C5-2A20-41B7-874A-B447F4B033A5.jpeg
    66.1 KB · Views: 15
Hi,
Your wisdom teeth are technically not impacted but since they have already deep cavities (this might break during extraction) and maybe partially covered by gum, the dentist might use dental procedures (and treatment codes for the insurance) which are also used with impacted teeth.

Thanks guys that’s just the information I was looking for

Back