• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Just for fun - what kind of creature is the DFC logo?!

What kind of creature do you think the DFC logo (at the top left of the page) is?

• Dragon

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Dinosaur

Votes: 27 64.3%
  • Crocodile

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Other (please share!)

Votes: 2 4.8%

• Total voters
Well, I never! :o

OH MY WORD, :scared: well you were well rewarded for reading this thread back weren't you. So, there we go. END OF DEBATE WITH CAROLE !! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Oh no no no :wasntmesign::nahnahna: I need to go and see this for myself, I will be back :tease:

No it was always a DRAGON, ALWAYS WILL BE A DRAGON :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:cheers::ROFLMAO::nahnahna:

Well, you started off dragon, :jump: THEN SWITCHED TO DINOSAUR :jump:, then went back to dragon!

You can't escape your past, Carole! :p Not on DFC, anyway! It may only have been a brief dalliance, but it happened nonetheless!!!!

So, who knows, maybe one day you'll swap back again!! :dunno: :p :p :giggle:

Or perhaps join the Tragons! :) :innocent:

I'm sure it has to be a dinosaur :nod: but just to be completely sure I will ask an expert this weekend. My 6 nephew is doing a project on them so he will be able to tell me for sure!!

:butterfly::dance2::dance:

Of course Sparkles, ask a child, genius !!!!!!!!!! Looking forward to his answer.

Well I showed my nephew a picture of it and asked what he thought it was. He said "mmm I think its a giraffe maybe", at which point I thought I should help him narrow it down to dragon vs dinosaur. :giggle:

He thought a lot about it and decided that seeing as there is no fire coming out it's mouth it must be a dinosaur.

So there you have it, it must be a dinosaur. :yay:
:silly:

No this is not right, the childs answer was giraffe, you cannot count guiding him into making a decision as a proper answer. So no it is not the end of the matter. It is a DRAGON, no doubt about it, :p:star::p:star::p:star::p:deadhorse::yay:

:ROFLMAO:

I really wonder what kind of giraffe he has seen to make him think that was one though, I think maybe a trip to the zoo is in order!

:cheer:

Children have an innate honesty and often see through clear eyes. I go with your nephew !

Well I showed my nephew a picture of it and asked what he thought it was. He said "mmm I think its a giraffe maybe", at which point I thought I should help him narrow it down to dragon vs dinosaur. :giggle:

He thought a lot about it and decided that seeing as there is no fire coming out it's mouth it must be a dinosaur.

So there you have it, it must be a dinosaur. :yay:
:silly:

I had the same reasoning as your nephew with the lack of smoke/fire. Perhaps it's a giraffe disguised as a dinosaur?! :idea:

DRAGON dragon DRAGON dragon dragon AND DRAGON :thankyou:

Right, thats it, I'm going to ask my daughter to come and tell me what the animal we see before us is (she is nearly 14). I entirely promise to be honest about what she says, and I won't give her any leading questions or suggestions........will let you know.....

Looked, looked and re-looked - it is a creature - it is a yellow bellied creature (scared), panicking - teeth all over the place - and trying to run away - oh yes, I know what it is - that is me on a good day - should see me when I am having a bad one :thumbsup:

He said "mmm I think its a giraffe maybe", at which point I thought I should help him narrow it down to dragon vs dinosaur. :giggle:

No this is not right, the childs answer was giraffe, you cannot count guiding him into making a decision as a proper answer.
Now, hang on a minute!!!

(a)
By that reckoning technically the whole poll is a 'guided' question, since I gave a limited number of options to choose from (despite one being 'other'), and so obviously I put the ideas of 'dragon', 'dinosaur' and 'crocodile' into pepople's heads....so, Carole, your answer is obviously guided too - I'm afraid we must discount it! :p :p :p :innocent:

(b)
Anyone want to bet that if Sparkles had said, "Dragon or Dinosaur?" to her nephew, and he'd replied "Dragon!", Carole would have been too busy jumping sommersaults in celebration and shouting "IT'S A DRAGON!" at us to be pointing out any perceived flaws in the questioning process?! :rolleyes: :nod:

(c)
Sparkles - giraffe?!?!?! o_O You really do need to get him to a zoo, fast! :ROFLMAO:

You won't be able to argue against Pianimo's logic Carole, she is WELL CLEVER !!! So, I suspect you will have to resort to shouting louder than her again. :rolleyes:

Conversation with my daughter. She is something of a dragon expert, she has read books about them, books with them in, has dragon models and dragon-making kits, dragon pictures and has drawn loads herself.

So, I point to the creature at the top of the screen and say....

'What creature do you think this is ?'

She replies..quizzically...as if I have lost the plot...

'What that dinosaur ?'

So, there we go...

Looked, looked and re-looked - it is a creature - it is a yellow bellied creature (scared), panicking - teeth all over the place - and trying to run away - oh yes, I know what it is - that is me on a good day - should see me when I am having a bad one :thumbsup:

Well people of the poll, what can I say, looks like we are all wrong :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Yup - thank goodness - you wouldn't want to see me on a bad day:oops:

The more I look at that creature, the more I cannot fathom how it can possibly be a dragon. It will always be a dinosaur to me. :p

Back