F
FrightenedJerk
Well-known member
- Joined
- Sep 17, 2011
- Messages
- 114
- Location
- Pittsburgh
I definitely prefer a male dentist. I have had a few female dentists in the past and I have experienced their moods/pmt/personal problems and general womens troubles whilst they are treating my teeth! sorry but us women are a mass of hormones and I think men are more focused on the job in hand, while women can have a thousand things on their minds, no thanks! plus men are gentler. Thats my opinion.
But don't you find that men tend to be more judgmental about your dental problems? That's what I fear. You do make some good points, though.

to the forum.
I'm pretty sure that you just described mine to a T! 

I need my time to build up to it. During the 3 week span I kept going for followups on my problem tooth every week last year I was also absurdly calm especially not really knowing what was going to happen. I felt like one of the people I'm normally jealous of who can approach a dental chair and not tremble in fear. I did not feel like myself at all. It is good that this will be your last tx! You have certainly been through a lot you should celebrate after this one! Perhaps you could leave him with a nice thank you card so he knows how much you appreciate him! I did that with my dentist a few yrs back because I think the job can be quite thankless at times and wanted to thank her for going above and beyond when she didn't have to. She was completely taken by surprise and I could tell it made her day. 